Monday 3 September 2012

Empty my hands...


Career... How much the thought fills my head with a fruit salad of emotion. All through university I couldn’t wait to get out and into the “real world”, start a successful career, make money and prove to everyone who said I couldn’t, that I can. Now, after taking almost two years off I’m here at the beginning trying to find the right place to start, searching for direction and a dream, feeling lost and oh so vulnerable. What if no one hires me? What if I make a wrong choice? What then?

For so long I’ve wanted to be successful in order to prove my worth and while I’ll openly admit that I still want to be successful, my definition of success is changing. Success is not so much about the amount of money I earn or working for the prestigious companies anymore. Success for me is becoming more and more about personal happiness and my ability to contribute positively to the lives of others. I’m coming to the realization that I would rather have an average job I love, a job where I feel valued and supported than killing myself doing something I don’t like, to prove myself to people who don’t care about me.


  “Well, it all comes to this; there's no use trying to live in other people's opinions. The only thing to do is to   live in your own. After all, I believe in myself. I'm not so bad and silly as they think me..." L.M. Montgomery


“I let these dreams die
, If I lay down all my wounded pride, If I let these dreams die, Will I find that letting go lets me come alive...”  Empty my hands, Tenth Avenue North

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Scattered Words
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com